Getting Started on AAE Connection
Make the most of your AAE Connection experience online by taking these steps to allow others to find and connect with you, engage in meaningful conversations about the topics that matter to you, and build your presence in the online community.
Your login credentials should be the same as your credentials for aae.org. When you go to https://connection.aae.org/ click “Sign in”. Your login credentials are the same username and password that you use to log in to MyAAE. If you have forgotten your login credentials to MyAAE, please click here.
Tell us about yourself: Is this what you really look like? Upload a profile picture and add some information to your profile so it is easier to find and connect with like-minded peers.
Customize your profile settings: While on your profile page, click on the tab for My Account. Here you can set up how you want to receive emails from the community, how much of your profile you want visible to other members, design the signature area that appears under your discussion posts and more. If you have any questions about what a certain setting means, please email the Community Manager at email@example.com for help.
Email Delivery Options: Your frequency can be in the form of a daily or weekly digest–a single email each day summarizing the hottest topics in your community or stay informed in real time with instant alerts.
Build your contact list: Select Directory from the top navigation bar to find friends and colleagues belonging to Connection. Creating a contact list helps identify relationships and build searchable networks. Our Advanced Search option offers further parameters for making connections.
Join the Conversation
Posting a Message:
- Select “Add” next to the Latest Discussions or “Start a New Thread” if on the Discussions page
- You can upload attachments (attachments will automatically be added to the specified community library).
- You can @mention specific AAE members.
*You can save a draft of the post. The system will also automatically start saving your message once you start adding content. You can schedule a post to go live at a certain time. To access your scheduled posts and drafts, go to Profile > My Contributions tab > List of Contributions.
Reply to a Discussion
- Reply: Reply to the entire thread.
- Reply Privately: Sends a private response to the member’s community inbox.
- Mark As Inappropriate: If a member's post clearly violates the AAE Connect Code of Conduct, you can flag it to be reviewed by the AAE Connection Committee and community management team.
Share a Resource:
- You can access the library by clicking on the Library tab from a community’s home page.
*You will notice that there are two different ways to view the community library content (list or folder). The default view is the folder view. Use the icons to switch the view.
- To add a new library item select "Create New Library Entry". Complete the required fields on the library entry form: Title, Library, Description, Entry Type. Based on the Entry type you select you will need to take additional steps after you select next.
- Let us know you're here: Say hello and share what you are hoping to gain by participating.
- Ask questions: What do you want to know more about? Have a question about anything from professional development to everyday problems? There's someone out there with the answer.
- Share ideas: Is there a hot topic you want to discuss? How about a lesson you've learned that might help your fellow members? Start a discussion thread to give others a peek inside your world or to demonstrate your expertise on a topic.
- Give feedback: Use your knowledge and experience to answer other members' questions. Just click Reply to the right of any discussion post, or comment underneath a library entry.