We are proud to highlight active members of our AAE Connection Community
I am currently a 2nd year resident in the Graduate Endodontics Program at the University of Minnesota.
· Bachelor of Dental Surgery at Misr International University, Egypt in 2010
· GPR with emphasis on Oral Surgery and Endodontics at Cairo University, Egypt 2011
· Doctor of Dental Surgery at University of the Pacific, San Francisco 2015
· Private practice for 8 years focusing on advanced restorative, implant and cosmetic dentistry
· Master of Science and Certificate in Endodontics at the University of Minnesota in 2024
Why Endodontics: The finesse! I've always admired the advanced skillset and deep understanding of the science endodontists have. The work/life balance is a huge plus too!
Best Piece of Career Advice: As I was trying to become a "Super GP", one of my mentors told me "Omar, don't be a jack of all trades, master of none." I thought about this every single day, it made perfect sense that we owe it to our patients to practice at the highest level possible. I decided to specialize in endodontics and never looked back since.
Endo Challenge: I won't lie, it took some effort on my end to dig deep and study the enormous amounts of literature. Fortunately, it got better with time and my mentors in residency have been great in helping me understand the relevance of literature to different aspects of the endodontic practice.
Reason for Becoming an AAE member: The camaraderie and sense of belonging to a supportive professional community elevating one another.
Fun Fact: I used to be a professional drummer before switching gears to dentistry!
Community Question: What legacy would you want to leave behind?
If you have a member you would like to recommend, please email your submission to email@example.com