In May, Root Canal Awareness Week showed us how endodontists are the superheroes of saving teeth. In August, the World Congress on Dental Traumatology 2018 (WCDT 2018) will show us how, together with other dental specialties, we form an entire legion of saving teeth.
The four-day WCDT 2018 will bring together an unprecedented number of experts and leaders in dental and orofacial traumatology, as well as hundreds of clinicians from around the world representing multiple specialties and disciplines. You've heard of Batman, Superman, Thor and Wonder Woman. In the dental superhero realm, chances are you've also come across these world-renowned speakers of WCDT 2018:
- Jens Andreasen, Copenhagen (father of dental traumatology, founder of the Dental Trauma Guide);
- Mitsuhiro Tsukiboshi, Japan (world's leading authority on autotransplantation of teeth);
- Geoffrey Heithersay, Australia (leading authority on resorptions);
- Kenneth J. Hargreaves, U.S. (expert in pain management and regeneration, editor of Journal of Endodontics);
- Lars Andersson, Sweden (author of Oral Surgery and Dental and Orofacial Trauma textbooks);
- Ashraf Fouad, U.S. (authority in endodontic microbiology);
- Leif Bakland, U.S. (expert in dental trauma education); and
- More, listed here.
WCDT 2018 is a rare chance to see so many greats in one place, for a congress that will be talked about for years to come. I hope you can be a part of this monumental event. Please take a moment to view my video explaining further why this is a can't-miss meeting:
Don't let the superhero in you down -- you've been summoned. Now show up in San Diego August 15-18. Register at wcdt2018.com.